Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dim Sum at the Source

My friend Marnie and I enjoyed dim sum at The Source last weekend. The Source is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant that is attached to the Newseum. Dim sum was served in the lounge/bar area which had a great open air feeling to it. This version of dim sum is not the classical version where dumplings are pushed around in carts. Instead, we were giving a paper menu to fill out with our order, similar to sushi ordering. We decided to share 8 plates for $40 which end up being more than enough. It is amazing how those little plates add up! My favorites were the dan dan dumplings which were served with a peanut sauce, the pork belly potstickers which had a nice spicy dipping sauce, and the Shanghai noodles which tasted freshly made. Here are some pics of the dishes: 

The menu with the pork belly dumplings and dan dan dumplings
Mini banh mi
lobster and shrimp spring roll
Shanghai noodles
garlic littleneck clams

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I've only had dim sum once in my life (I think) and loved it. Would like to try it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete