Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cafe at Nordstrom

Have you ever eaten in a department store? Does it seem a little odd...like it's not supposed to be there? I initially thought so until I tried the Cafe at Nordstrom at my local mall in Freehold, NJ a few years ago. I don't go there often, but when I do, I'm reminded of what a nice, fresh, great tasting option it is in lieu of the food court.

The menu is a nice size with selections of soups like Roma Tomato Basil, sandwiches & panini, salads and entrees of pasta and chicken and even personal thin crust pizza. Although it's self seating and can get crowded it's still a lot better than dealing with the hoards of people in the mall.

This last trip I stopped in for a small salad and a half a sandwich. The grilled California melt was fabulous! Turkey, Swiss cheese, ripe avocado, lettuce, tomato and bacon - it just worked wonderfully together with melted happiness on a thick Texas toast served with homemade chips.

To accompany my half sandwich I got my favorite Cobb salad on a bed of spinach. Laden with egg, bacon, chicken, tomato, blue cheese & avocado and lavished upon with dressing, it's filling and fortifying.
I've also tried their pasta dishes and a few other sandwiches. Overall, this is a nice change of pace during a hectic day of shopping with a meal that won't make you feel guilty or like you just ate grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment