Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

One of my favorite marinades/sauces

Hi my name is Jeff and I'm a shrimpaholic. I make Forrest Gump seem like a novice when it comes to shrimp. There are many ways that I enjoy shrimp (apparently the shrimp off the crudo menu at Marea is not one of them), but one of my favorites involves a little marinade that I stumbled upon at Wegman's.
I had spent many nights trying to replicate what I ended up finding in a bottle already made for me. It is a ginger garlic soy sauce (pictured) that is made by House Seafood (distributed by Ashman Manufacturing Company).
What I do is take peeled uncooked shrimp (I find 28-25ct per lb to be a good size to grill) and marinate them in this sauce with lemon juice (squeezed half of lemon) for about 30minutes to 2hours (depending on how much time I have).
After getting the grill up to about 600 degrees, I then grill them for about 90 seconds on each side with the lid open. Right before I take them off, I use the other half of the lemon and squeeze it out over the cooked shrimp. I then serve with a little dipping sauce on the side (obviously not from the sauce that was used to marinate the shrimp).
I've only come across this brand in Wegman's and there are many times that I've gone there and they were sold out. If you come across a bottle and eating yummy food is your thing, give it a try and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you can admit your addiction. It's the first step in the 12-step plan you know! Actually, I wanted to add that we too have been using marinades from Wegmans on a regular basis. We're big fans of the Lemon & Garlic (fabulous on chicken and pork), Zesty Savory (great on low grade cuts of beef) and Teriyaki (good on everything). I haven't tried any of them - or the ginger garlic - on shrimp but will give that a try this weekend if Susan & Rich are game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI - This is not a wegman's brand, but it is the only place I've found it in.
    As far as Wegman's brands - we use the honey mustard marinade all the time for grilled chicken.

    ReplyDelete