Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Paul Bakery Chocolate Macaron


Ok, so let me start off with the fact that I've been to a good number of restaurants and Petit Fours are always a welcome touch. However, I just don't get several of the usual suspects...the fruit gelees (or whatever they are called), the coconut macaroons, and the macarons (which I think by some law have to come in red, white and brown colored flavors). I usually just eat around those consuming the shortbreads, mini chocolate-chip cookies, and little pie-like bites.

Thus, I was a bit surprised when Paul returned from breakfast at the Paul Bakery (coincidence...I think not) with his Dad and Grandfather and brought Jenn and I eat one of these pictured above. Honestly, I was less than excited, as I just felt like this was going to be a wasted purchase.

It's nice to be wrong (on occasion). This chocolate cake like dessert was awesome. I ended up eating both! It was just the right amount of cake, with a slightly crunchy coating, sandwiched around a deep chocolate liquid. All I can say is yummy!

Thanks Paul (and Paul Bakery). Now I have to go back on my diet again.

1 comment: